April 03, 2012

A little chocolate, a LOT of coffee and an attitude check.

   I try to always let my life be an open book (mostly) I'm not the kind of person who has a hard time getting personal or letting people in. (not that I spew everything out to everyone, but I like to be honest about my struggles and lessons learned).

That said, today I definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I don't know if it's lack of sleep, stress, or what but this seems to be the story of my life lately. It seems that if I am not on guard constantly, my attitude tends to get bad fast. I am usually a very happy person in general- not that I haven't been through tough times or had my seasons of depression because I have- but in general I have always been an optimistic person, so this bothers me and I want to know what is going on.

Yes, I have a young baby and emotions can be wild for the first year after pregnancy, but I think for me to blame it on that would be a cop-out, I think this has everything to do with my focus not being on God. As moms of young kids it is SO HARD to find time in the day to spend alone with the the Lord, and without that it's so easy for our focus to go south really quick. I really need to make time every day no matter what and I am sharing this in case you are feeling the same way.

Last night I was reading a chapter Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and wanted to share what she wrote because it was so good for anyone in this stage of life.

I am calling you to a life of constant communion with Me. Basic training includes learning to live above your circumstances, even while interacting on that cluttered plane of life. You yearn for a simplified lifestyle, so that your communication with Me can be uninterrupted. But I challenge you to relinquish the fantasy of an uncluttered world. Accept each day just as it comes, and find Me in the midst of it all. 
Talk with Me about every aspect of your day, including your feelings. Remember that your ultimate goal is not to control or fix everything around you; it is to keep communing with Me. A successful day is one in which you have stayed in touch with me, even if many things remain undone at the end of the day. Do not let your to-do list (written or mental) become and idol directing your life. Instead, ask My Spirit to guide you moment by moment. He will keep you close to Me. 
1 Thessalonians 5:17; Proverbs 3:6

I don't know about you, but that really spoke to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me smile! :)